READY TO HOST YOUR OWN SCREENING OF THE GROWING SEASON?
You've come to the right place! We’ve partnered with Tugg.com, a web-platform that helps individuals, groups and organizations to set up personalized movie screenings in theaters across the country. The process is simple – you pick the time, place and date, and Tugg will reserve the theater and provide you with a personalized event page for your screening! (To host a community screening in a venue of your choice, click here.)
The following steps are designed to help you navigate your Tugg Promoter Toolkit. The Promoter Toolkit is your guide to throwing a spectacular screening. If you run into any issues email Tugg at email@example.com.
Thanks for helping us share The Growing Season! Be sure to keep us posted on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter using the handle @GrowingSeason17 so we can share the photos and press from your event. Enjoy your screening!
Step 1: Set Up your Screening
1. To host a screening at your local theatre you'll need to fill out an Event Request Form found here, by clicking the blue 'Host A Screening At Your Local Theatre' button. (To host a community screening at your own venue, click here.)
2. Refer to your Getting Started: Setting Up Your Tugg Screening Guide for an in depth look at how to best set up your event and use your event as a fundraiser. It helps to take a look at this guide before filling out your request.
Step 2: Theater approval
Congratulations on submitting your event request! While your promoter point person confirms your event details with the venue, start listing every person and organization you plan to invite to your event.
Spread the word! Once you've received your Event page it's time to start spreading the word to ensure that enough tickets are reserved before the deadline.
1. An Introduction to Promoting Your Screening - Start by reading this guide, which will walk you through how to best reach out to your friends, family, and organizations via email, social media, and traditional outreach.
2. Promoter Game Plan - A step-by-step guide to meeting the threshold (the number of tickets you have to sell to ensure the event).
3. Tugg Tools - The folks at Tugg have created a number of tools to help you maximize your outreach efforts - read this to learn how to message your attendees with the Promoter Messaging feature and track the success of your outreach.
4. To help you along the way, we've created a few templates for your use:
As your event's campaign moves forward, be sure to update attendees and potential attendees with new information about your event and the film (when applicable).
Step 3: Promote your event
1. The big day! Make sure you've reviewed everything in the Preparing For Your Event Guide and follow the steps to ensure a flawless screening.
2. Personalize our Sample Introduction to welcome your attendees to your screening, and let them know about any ways they can get involved with your organization and the film's causes.
Step 4: Screening Day
Step 5: after the event
Now that your event is complete, be sure to follow up with your attendees by sending them a message with the Promoter Messaging tool.
1. Use this Follow Up Message Template to thank your attendees and encourage them to tell their friends about your event and the film!
2. Post a recap of your event on the film's Facebook and Twitter pages - be sure to tag @growingseason17 #TGS17 #TheGrowingSeason and @TuggInc!